Monday, September 8, 2014

a beginner's bow….tales from the radiation room.




Today.  A brick wall.  An invisible force field.  

Can both exist at the same time?  
A brick wall of weariness.  An invisible force field of fatigue.  God Bless the techs at Texas Oncology .   They will do anything for me ,  for any of us that they take care of.  They're not photographers and they do their best to shoot a body expressing stillness in motion on this mighty machine.  The radiation table  for the Varian is a narrow sucker.  Not the normal width of a practice mat.  I have a new level of love for my Manduka rolled out on the floor of my sweet home.   
Amy… she knew today I was struggling to hold anything with a level of confidence and grace.  
Needing to immediately rest my eyes, my brain,  my breath.  
But this is a prostration.  
Me a beginning student ,  resting at this teacher's feet. 

ॐ                          
vande gurūṇāṁ caraṇāravinde
वन्दे गुरूणां चरणारविन्दे
saṁdarśitasvātmasukhāvabodhe
संदर्शितस्वात्मसुखावबोधे।
niḥśreyase jāṅgalikāyamāne
निःश्रेयसे जाङ्गलिकायमाने
saṁsāra hālāhala moha śāntyai
संसारहालाहलमोहशान्त्यै॥
Aum śāntiḥ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ Aum
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॐ॥
Aum.
I honour the teachers with their two lotus feet; who have revealed to me the joy that is mine; most excellent sages, my refuge in the dark impenetrable thicket; who bring peace from the poison and illusion seeking ever to exist. Aum Shanti shanti shanti Aum
Aum shanti shanti shanti Aum

No comments:

Post a Comment