Monday, September 8, 2014

Zen Flesh, Zen Bones…tales from the radiation room...


"Mama ,  do you think you're strong?"
"Yes Kiran,  I believe I am strong. Why do you ask?"
"Because you need a strong body to have a strong mind, so you can think and learn better."
My 7 year old was given a Hindi Sanskrit name,  Kiran. 
His two older brothers were bestowed names of Gaelic and Dutch origins, so it was time to represent !
Kiran means " Ray of Light" ,  or " Of the Light" .
Children are little Buddhas…

"To keep the body in good health is a duty…otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear." 
The Buddha

Yoga helps me turn this florescent ,  inanimate , industrial room into a zen zone.
They say you don't feel anything .  That at the time of treatment, the  direct radiation is painless.
But I swear,  I swear I feel something.  
I know I can feel my own energy moving.




~Will you consider  sponsoring me with a donation 
to Community Yoga 
for their wonderful cause? : 



1 comment:

  1. Out of the mouths of babes..
    I have no doubt that what you feel is your positive energy. You are such a powerful force! I send my love everyday. The other day you said I was a herione in my life. I chuckled but then I imagined you and I as powerful heroines beating back that which would want to destroy us. I just wish I did it with the grace and beauty you do:)

    ReplyDelete